Alligator Caught in Salt Water Off Sharky’s PierSeptember 10, 2014
Orlando Bond Nebbia HoldApril 3, 2015
Expunge Florida Criminal Record
I recently received a call from a former client asking the question “who is entitled to know about and receive information on a expunged criminal record“? Florida law allows only certain agencies to access expunged criminal records and is outlined as follows:
The subject of a criminal history record sealed under this section or under other provisions of law, including former s.893.14, former s.901.33, and former s.943.058, may lawfully deny or fail to acknowledge the arrests covered by the sealed record, except when the subject of the record:
- Is a candidate for employment with a criminal justice agency;
- Is a defendant in a criminal prosecution;
- Concurrently or subsequently petitions for relief under s.943.0585 or s.943.059;
- Is a candidate for admission to The Florida Bar;
- Is seeking to be employed or licensed by or to contract with the Department of Children and Family Services, the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation within the Department of Education, the Agency for Health Care Administration, the Agency for Persons with Disabilities, the Department of Health, the Department of Elderly Affairs, or the Department of Juvenile Justice or to be employed or used by such contractor or licensee in a sensitive position having direct contact with children, the disabled, or the elderly;
- Is seeking to be employed or licensed by the Department of Education, any district school board, any university laboratory school, any charter school, any private or parochial school, or any local governmental entity that licenses child care facilities; or
- Is attempting to purchase a firearm from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer and is the subject to a criminal history background check under state or federal law.
We are a full service criminal defense law firm that represents clients throughout Central Florida seeking to have criminal records sealed and expunged. TILDEN LAW is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau and has 20 years experience representing clients in Seminole County Expungements and Sealing, Orlando criminal record Expungements and the surrounding counties. Contact TILDEN LAW for a free and confidential case evaluation to determine whether you qualify to have your criminal record expunged, 407 599-1234.