Charged With A Felony DUI in Central Florida?
Orlando DUI (Driving Under the Influence) charges are charged as both Misdemeanor DUI crimes and Felony DUI crimes. While the most common DUI charges are prosecuted in county Misdemeanor offenses, Florida law permits some DUI’s to be prosecuted in Circuit Felony court. The most common Felony DUI charges in Orlando include:
- 3rd DUI Arrest within 10 Years from any Prior DUI Charge
- 4th DUI Arrest in a Lifetime
- DUI Causing Serious Bodily Injury
- DUI Manslaughter
Have you been arrested for driving under the influence in Orlando or anywhere throughout Central Florida? If you are accused of causing serious injury or death, or if this is your 3rd or 4th offense, you could be facing an Orlando Felony DUI charge in Orange County or Seminole County Court. The only way to avoid the harsh penalties that come with such a charge is to work with an attorney who can protect your rights in court. A skilled defense lawyer may be able to have your Felony charges lessened to only a misdemeanor or may be able to help you avoid time in prison.
Felony DUI Sentence and Penalties
If convicted of a Felony DUI in Florida, you will face a statutorily required sentence which includes: Felony conviction which will remain on your record for your lifetime, up to five (5) years prison (greater in some circumstances), up to five (5) years state probation, community service, up to $5,000.00 in fines, court costs, up to a lifetime driver license suspension/revocation, vehicle impoundment, alcohol counseling, DUI schools and more.
How Tilden Law can help you
Tilden Law has 15 years experience in litigating DUI charges in Central Florida courts and has handled 1,000 DUI cases. We will use our knowledge and experience in defending your Driving Under the Influence charge. Every client’s case is thoroughly reviewed and examined, specifically looking for any weakness in the prosecution’s case in order to position our clients to achieve a positive resolution. Part of our DUI defense strategy includes:
- Review prior DUI cases seeking to overturn prior convictions. If successful, your case may be reduced to a Misdemeanor level
- Immediately contact the State Attorney’s office and provide the prosecutor with mitigating evidence and information from your perspective showing a different accounting of the facts from what has previously been provided by law enforcement
- Interview witnesses and conduct an independent investigation to help prove your factual innocence
- Personally visit and photograph the scene of the arrest/accident to provide proof to the judge and/or jury of your innocence
Orlando Felony DUI cases regardless of level should never be handled by general criminal practice attorneys. It takes years of DUI practice and specialized DUI training to properly represent the rights of a client arrested for DUI in Orlando. Attorney N. Fleetwood Tilden is in his 15th year of criminal DUI practice and is a former Central Florida DUI Prosecutor and has handled over 1,000 criminal Orlando DUI cases.
Please Contact Tilden Law today for a free case evaluation to see how we can help properly defend your DUI charge.