Orlando Drug Possession Attorneys
At Tilden Law, our Drug defense attorneys represent clients who are charged with both possession of Marijuana and Cocaine and sale of Marijuana and Cocaine. These two charges comprise the majority of all criminal drug prosecutions. Because Mr. Tilden is a former Central Florida Prosecutor, Tilden Law focuses its practice on defending clients charged marijuana and cocaine possession in Orlando, Orange County and Seminole County, Florida. Regardless of whether your case is a complex felony drug transaction cases or straight forward misdemeanor marijuana possession charges, no case is too big or too small. Our defense of your drug case is focused on achieving results and ultimately a dismissal of your case. Visit Case Wins to see Tilden Law’s success in defending our clients.
Contact our Orlando drug defense law firm for aggressive and experienced marijuana and cocaine possession defense. A proper resolution of your case can lead to an expungement or sealing of your criminal case.
Former Central Florida Prosecutor Protecting Your Future – Orlando Drug Possession Attorneys
Our Winter Park based Orlando Drug Possession Attorneys recognize the potential negative impact a Marijuana or Cocaine conviction can have on your record. A conviction in Florida for Marijuana or Cocaine possession can have a serious impact on your future. Our defense efforts are designed to prevent the following from happening to you:
- 2 Year Driver License Suspension
- Permanent Criminal Record
- Loss of Professional Licenses
- Rejection on Mortgage and Apartment Applications
- Civil Forfeiture of Property Including your Vehicle and Money
- Inability to Expunge or Seal Criminal Records
- Jail or Prison
- Loss of College Scholarships
- Denial of College Admission
Defending Your Orlando Marijuana/Cocaine Possession Cases
The Orlando Drug Possession Attorneys at Tilden Law draw on prior Central Florida prosecuting experience to formulate defense techniques and strategies to position each client’s case for a favorable resolution. Every case is evaluated using the following criteria:
- Whether the evidence is legally sufficient to convict
- Whether the initial contact with law enforcement was legal
- Whether the client was properly detained and searched
- Whether the Marijuana or Cocaine was found on the client
- Whether the client was read their rights prior to questioning
Marijuana and Cocaine Possession Penalties/Sentences
Florida law enforcement agencies and courts use a heavy hand in disciplining individuals accused of drug possession. Here are some of the specific court penalties if convicted:
- Possession Under 20 grams Marijuana: 1st Degree Misdemeanor. Up to 1 year jail, $1,000.00 fine, 1 year probation, drug dependency screening and counseling, 2 year driver license suspension, community service.
- Possession Over 20 grams Marijuana: 3rd Degree Felony. Up to 5 years prison, $5,000.00 fine, 5 years probation, 2 year driver license suspension, vehicle/property forfeiture, drug dependency screening and counseling.
- Possession of Cocaine: 3rd Degree Felony. Up to 5 years prison, $5,000.00 fine, 5 years probation, 2 year driver license suspension, vehicle/property forfeiture, drug dependency screening and counseling.
- Possession over 10 grams Cocaine: It is a 2nd degree felony to possess a chemical with the knowledge, intent and purpose of manufacturing drugs. This can carry a prison sentence of 15 years. It is a 1st degree felony to possess over 10 grams of controlled substances (such as cocaine or heroin). This can result in a prison sentence of up to 30 years.